Vanilla Custard Sauce
This basic dessert sauce is perfect on fruit, topping cake, or included in your favorite trifle recipe.
- 6 (121 g) egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) half and half
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) whole milk
- 1/4 cup (35 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 cup ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|