Vitamix Pizza Soup
Change up the ingredients of this 4-minute soup as easily as you change up your pizza toppings.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup (64 g) chopped onion
- 4 (40 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (75 g) chopped green pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 slices (16 g) pepperoni
- 1 1/2 ounce Italian sausage, cooked, drained, broken into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) boiling water
- 3 (369 g) large Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons (45 ml) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (56 g) grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (10 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté garlic, onion, mushrooms, green pepper, and one Roma tomato in the olive oil until tender.
- Mix pepperoni and cooked sausage together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place water, half of the sautéed vegetable mixture, 2 tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1-3 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
- Add remaining half of sautéed vegetables, meat mixture, and cheeses through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 5-10 seconds.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Vitamix Pizza Soup is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by IowaHawkeye13 from Nice and spicy! This is the second soup that I made with my new Vitamix. It was very easy to make and it has such wonderful ingredients. I bought Italian sausage from the butcher case and pepperoni from the Delicatessen and that gave this soup such a wonderful taste. I totally recommend this for anybody who likes Pizza.
Date published: 2016-05-08
Rated 4 out of 5 by Betted from Great soup! Tried this tonight and liked the slightly chunky texture. Will add one more clove of garlic and leave out sausage ( my husband just doesn't like it) and double pepperoni. Pulsed at the end when adding meat, instead of keeping it running on 2
Date published: 2016-02-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by rustyspoon from solid! Followed the recipe with the exception of the boiling water (used hot tap water). Turned out very good!
Date published: 2016-01-27