These light, fluffy waffles come together quickly for a weekend family breakfast. Serve with your favorite fresh fruit syrup.
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (480 ml) low fat or soy milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten or 1/2 cup (120 ml) egg substitute
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) honey or sugar
- 4 ounces (110 g) soft tofu
- Combine flours, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place milk, eggs, sugar, and tofu into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug.
- Add the flour mixture slowly through the lid plug opening and blend an additional 10 seconds until incorporated.
- Let batter sit 5-10 minutes before cooking to yield best texture and flavor.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 Waffle|
|Amount Per Servings|