- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 ear corn
- 1 pound (454 g) chopped seedless watermelon
- 2 1/2 pounds (1.1 kg) ripe red heirloom tomatoes, rough chop
- 1 pound (454 g) English cucumber, peeled, rough chop
- 1 chipotle in adobo, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobo sauce
- 2 scallions, white and green parts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) lime juice
- 1/3 cup (5 g) cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Roast the red bell pepper over an open flame until blackened. Put into a paper bag for 5 minutes then peel off charred skin and remove seeds and stem. Roast corn over flame, turning frequently until the corn is charred.
- Roughly chop the roasted red pepper and cut the corn off the cob. Combine in a large-size bowl with the watermelon, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Add the chipotle, adobo sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, kosher salt and lightly mix.
- Transfer the mixture in batches to the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend or 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a pitcher and thoroughly chill before serving.
This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.