Whole Wheat Banana Nut Quick Bread
With a few simple substitutions, this high-fiber alternative offers all the flavor and moistness of the original.
- 1 2/3 cups (200 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup (130 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 g) heart-healthy butter spread
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) skim milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup (60 g) applesauce
- 2/3 cup (80 g) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (21.25 cm x 11.25 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Place egg, sugar, butter spread, milk, lemon peel, bananas, and applesauce into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed.
- Pour batter into dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir nuts into batter, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
Whole Wheat Banana Nut Quick Bread is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Olivia from This bread is bananas My son has FPIES so I'm always looking for good recipes that have minimal substitutions. This one is delicious in my Vitamix. I use coconut oil for butter and Sorghum flour rather than All Purpose. My toddler loves it and so do I!
Date published: 2016-01-14