Whole Wheat Banana Nut Quick Bread
- 1 2/3 cups (200 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup (130 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 g) heart-healthy butter spread
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) skim milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup (60 g) applesauce
- 2/3 cup (80 g) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (21.25 cm x 11.25 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Place egg, sugar, butter spread, milk, lemon peel, bananas, and applesauce into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed.
- Pour batter into dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir nuts into batter, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Is this recipe gluren free? Can I substitute the Whole Wheat flour with coconut flour?
I have tried all purpose flour and rice flour and noticed minimal difference between the two. I love this recipe. Let the mixture wait while oven is warming. I left off the applesauce. Still a Good One!
Date published: 2016-04-07
Is this made with the wet blade? I have the 750 machine
Yes you can use the wet blade to make this.
Date published: 2016-01-27
To make this vegan friendly, could I use a non-dairy milk & maybe use ground flaxseed instead of eggs. Any ideas on the amount of flaxseed needed to replace the egg?
Sorry, we have not done any testing yet on working with a flaxseed to replace egg. There are vegan egg substitute options to purchase in the market. For most recipes you can replace milk with a non dairy milk. All non dairy milks can be made in your Vitamix.
Date published: 2016-01-13
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|