Winter Greens Soup
A smooth purée with a rustic flavor, blending kale, baby spinach, and zucchini with sautéed leek, celery, and garlic.
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, 2 ounces (56 g), rough chop
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups (720 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) diced tomatoes, canned
- 2 cups (134 g) chopped kale
- 9 ounces (256 g) zucchini, halved, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 ounces (85 g) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (15 g) Italian parsley or basil
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Chopped tomato and fresh basil for garnish
- In a large saucepan, sauté leeks, celery, and garlic in oil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, kale, zucchini, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat and let cool 30 minutes.
- Place half of the mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 to 40 seconds. Pour into saucepan.
- Repeat with remaining soup. After blending, remove lid and add in fresh spinach, parsley and vinegar. Secure lid.
- Select Variable 6.
- Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 5 times. Pour into saucepan containing other blended soup. Heat over medium-high heat for 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with chopped tomatoes and basil.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
I have purchased the scale for my Vitamin and was wondering how I could add this recipe (which I love) to my recipe app - is that possible?
Yes, you certainly can. Once you receive the scale/app you will see a place to create your own recipe. You can choose to add this exact recipe or even make your own variation of this recipe.
Date published: 2016-11-11
Why would t I just blend the soup straight from the sauté pan? Why let it cool first? Thanks!
It is not suggested to add hot ingredients directly to the Vitamix container.
Date published: 2016-08-30