- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 2 cups (250 g) chopped zucchini
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) egg substitute or 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar or other sweetener, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Place milk, zucchini, egg, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and allspice into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds. Remove the lid plug. Add flour and baking powder through the lid plug opening. Replace lid plug.
- Blend for 5-10 seconds or until mixed.
Note: Pour 1/4 cup (60 ml) batter onto hot, prepared griddle and bake. Hints: For a less intense green in pancakes, peel zucchini first. Variation: Use 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons of wheat berries instead of the flour. Grind berries in Dry Grains Container for 1 minute on high prior to using in recipe.