- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) egg substitute or 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup (130 g) granulated sugar or other sweetener, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (65 g) canned crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups (190 g) zucchini chunks
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup (75 g) raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (21.25-cm x 11.25-cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Place egg, sugar, vanilla, pineapple, and zucchini into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn on machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds. Stop machine and remove lid.
- Add dry ingredients to the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 5.
- Blend for 20 seconds or until mixed, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Do not over mix.
- Stop machine. Gently stir in nuts and raisins by hand.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Variation: Use 3/4 cup (150 g) of wheat berries in place of whole wheat flour. Grind berries into flour using the Vitamix Dry Grains container for 1 minute on High prior to using in recipe.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.