- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) half and half, heavy cream, or milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, halved
- 1/2 celery stalk
- 1 teaspoon diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 potato, scrubbed, baked
- Salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn on machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Zucchini Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mmmgood from Yum Great recipe, I however made mine w/out cream b/c I never have that stuff on hand. Taste great and easy way to get your green veggies in.
Date published: 2015-11-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vero from Easy peasy The soup was delicious!! I added 1 cup of chopped chicken breast and topped it with Parmesan cheese, which made it finger licking good!!!
Date published: 2016-01-01
Is 1 tsp of green pepper a typo?
No 1 teaspoon is correct. Many green vegetables when blended will intensify in flavor so we recommend using small amounts of those to get a great flavor. You can omit it if you are not going to use the pepper in other recipes.
Date published: 2015-12-10
Can I substitute red pepper for green or just skip the pepper?
You can substitute red pepper or just omit the pepper.
Date published: 2015-12-02
Can I use almond milk or coconut milk?
Yes you can.
Date published: 2015-10-30
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|