Avocado Bean Soup with Fresh Herb Relish
- For the Soup:
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, quartered
- 1 cup (185 g) cooked navy beans, drained
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat or low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 small to medium jalapeño pepper, seeded, halved
- For the Fresh Herb Relish:
- 2 Tablespoons (5 g) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup (50 g) crumbled feta or chevre
- Place all Soup ingredients into the Vitamix 40-ounce container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 6.
- Blend for 40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Combine the cilantro, zest, onion, and olive oil in a small bowl. Serve soup chilled or at room temperature, garnished with a Tablespoon of Relish and topped with feta or chevre.
||1 cup (240 ml)