Certified Reconditioning Process
The title “Vitamix Certified Reconditioned machine” must be earned.
Only a select few machines will pass the rigorous inspection detailed below. A significant scratch on the blender base, an unusual sound from the motor, or a date stamp more than two years old will automatically disqualify a machine, requiring it to be recycled.
Once a machine has been reconditioned, two additional quality control inspections are performed before it’s shipped to you. And when you join the Vitamix family, you’ll get more than a blender. You’ll enjoy access to free, unlimited customer support, recipes from our culinary team, and a community of Vitamix enthusiasts on our social networks.
- Blender base exterior is free of significant scratches and chips on all four sides
- Four rubber feet are present and in-tact
- Six-foot power cord is inspected and secured properly with clips
- Switches are clean and operational
- Faceplate label is present and free of scratches
- Rubber centering pad is in-tact and free of significant scratches or wear
Motor and Control Panel
- Variable Speed Dial is functional and responsive (when applicable)
- High/Low speeds are functional (when applicable)
- Pulse is functional (when applicable)
- Pre-Programmed settings are functional (when applicable)
- On/Off is functional
- Start/Stop is functional (when applicable)
- Blade is less than one year old, free of rust, dull edges, and any signs of damage, or is replaced with a new part
- Blade assembly rotates easily with slight, even resistance
- Blade is sanitized in high-temperature dishwasher and placed in new container shell
- New container shows proper coupling and blade balance when placed on blender base
- Every Certified Reconditioned Machine comes with a brand new cookbook package, container shell, two-part lid, and tamper
- Any component above that does not pass inspection is replaced with a brand new part. If a part cannot be replaced, the entire unit is recycled.