Friends and family gather, drinks in hand, as the smoky scent of the grill drifts across the back yard. Even the cook can relax outside and chat with guests when the party is a barbecue.
Use your Vitamix blender to plot your barbecue strategy. You can whip up a marinade using a dressing, a salsa, or a dry rub. You can also create a sauce to dress up meats after you grill.
And don’t forget the veggies. Brush the same dressings over sliced peppers, onions, summer squash, aubergine, corn-on-the-cob, asparagus, and potatoes for a deep, smoky flavour that guests will adore.
- Caribbean Dry Rub: You will even impress yourself with the ease and amazing flavour of this Caribbean jerk recipe, which features both sweet and spicy notes.
- Asian Buffalo Sauce: Classic Asian flavours are brightened up with the addition of a whole orange—including a bit of the peel—and fresh ginger, making this a tasty twist on buffalo sauce.
- Sweet and Spicy Barbeque Sauce: Modify this barbeque sauce to accomodate taste and texture preferences, or add hot sauce to kick up the heat.
- Poppy Seed Dressing: This favourite dressing lends its distinctive sweet-and-sour flavour to grilled meats.
- Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette: A tart and tangy dressing or chicken marinade with pleasant cheese overtones.
- Tropical Avocado Salsa: A fruity salsa with the wonderful scent of fresh coriander.
- Mango Sauce for Chicken: Chicken goes Polynesian with this mango and orange sauce spiced with ginger.