Carrot Soup with Maple Cream
The warming flavors of ginger and cinnamon pair perfectly with the maple in this carrot soup recipe.
- 1½ Tablespoon unsalted butter, or plant-based margarine
- 70 g (1 small) yellow onion, peeled, chopped
- 454 g (7 medium) carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- 40 g (¼ medium) apple, seeded, halved
- 5 g (1 ) fresh ginger root, ¼" slice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 960 ml (4 cups) vegetable stock
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots, apple, ginger, and cinnamon to the saucepan and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vegetable broth and simmer mixture until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- 240 ml (1 cup) Greek yoghurt, or almond milk yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup, optional
- 2 spring onions, cut into pieces
- In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup, yoghurt and spring onions.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a spoonful of maple cream.
|Serving Size||693 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Carrot Soup with Maple Cream is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Caitlyn from So yummy This soup was amazing!! I was confused at first because there isn’t a measurement of ginger to add, so I eye balled it. It’s creamy, sweet, and the maple cream is to die for. My daughter has a dairy allergy. We subbed Greek yogurt for plain Kite Hill Almond milk yogurt. I will Be making this for a long time coming.
Date published: 2018-11-26
Rated 3 out of 5 by chicago59 from confused adding ginger is mentioned in the instructions, however, there is no measurement amount given in the ingredient list! Is this fresh ginger or ground ginger? And how much?
Date published: 2019-01-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by new to vitamix from Question The recipe states to mix in maple syrup after returning the soup to the pan after blending it. But the only maple syrup mentioned in the recipe is as part of the yogurt garnish. How much maple syrup should be mixed directly into the soup?
Date published: 2020-09-01
Rated 3 out of 5 by VaneM from Vegetable broth quantity? It's indicated to add vegetable broth but not the quantity...can the recipe be updated? Or simply mention how much I have to put? Thanks!
Date published: 2020-10-26