Jalapeño Corn Bread
Red and green jalapeños add spicy zest to this traditional corn bread recipe. The perfect companion to chili or black bean soup.
- 120 g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 120 g (1 cup) cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or other sweetener, to taste
- 1 red jalapeño, seeded
- 1 green jalapeño, seeded
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Spray an 20-cm (8-inch x 8-inch) baking pan or muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine 120g (1 cup) wheat flour, 120g (1 cup) cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place eggs, milk, oil, and honey into the Standard Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug.
- Add jalapeños through the lid opening. Blend for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared pan or muffin tin. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
Flour must always be at room temperature to make bread, so if coming from freezer or refrigerator, spread on sheet trays to bring to room temp.
|Serving Size||1 square or muffin|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|