Potato and Spinach Soup
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons full cream milk
- 2 Tablespoons thickened cream
- 415 g (3 ) russet potato, baked, halved, cooled, divided use
- 30 g (¼ cup) onion, peeled. diced
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 30 g (1 ounce) frozen spinach
- Place the stock, milk, cream, potatoes, onion, rosemary, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5 and remove the lid plug. Add spinach through the lid plug opening and blend an additional 25 seconds.
|Amount Per Servings|
Potato and Spinach Soup is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sailormomof6 from Yummy but needs tweaking! I enjoyed this soup but found the rosemary a tad strong. It was my first attempt at making a soup in my Vitamix E320 and I admit I was pleasantly surprised. No actual cooking required. Made a nice, warm healthy soup in 6 minutes! Because of the colour, I will forever refer to it as my 'shrek soup', lol!
Date published: 2018-11-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Serenity from Perfect on it's own but easily modified for vegan I made this soup almost according to directions. However, because I omit dairy, I replaced milk and cream with 1 tbsp of raw cashew nuts and 1/4 tsp of kala namak salt. In addition, I wanted just a little more flavor, so I added 1/8 tsp of garlic powder and a shake of hot sauce. 'Got heaps of compliments from my carnivorous guests and I loved it too.
Date published: 2019-08-21
Rated 3 out of 5 by Dneill79 from Way too salty! It was delicious, other than being way too salty. I made another batch without salt or broth(just water instead of broth) and it was still way too salty. Next time I won’t put any salt in at all.
Date published: 2019-12-28