Warm Balsamic Potato Salad
Hold the mayo for this one; balsamic vinegar and olive oil flavor this salad of roasted potatoes, caramelized onion, and fresh basil.
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) white balsamic vinegar
- 180 ml (¾ cup) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1.3 kg (3 pounds) red potato, diced and roasted
- 1 sweet onion, sliced and caramelized
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 20 g (1½ Tablespoon) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Place vinegar, olive oil, garlic and mustard into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place warm potatoes, caramelized onion, tomatoes, and basil in a bowl. Drizzle blended vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss to combine.
When caramelizing onion, use a medium-low heat and allow the onions to cook for 20 minutes or until golden-brown. When roasting potatoes, place a sheet pan in the oven to preheat the pan. Toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl or skillet. Then pour the potato mixture on the preheated pan to cook. For meat lovers, toss cooked, chopped bacon with the vegetables. You can also substitute the bacon drippings for half of the olive oil in the dressing.
|Serving Size||55 g (2 ounces)|
|Amount Per Servings|