A healthy breakfast drink with oatmeal and amaranth, sweetened with cinnamon and mango.
- 480 ml (2 cups) water
- 3 Tablespoons oatmeal
- 3 Tablespoons amaranth
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 165 g (1 cup) mango, peeled, diced
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch the machine to start and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 35 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide among two glasses and serve immediately.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Serving Size||397 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Calories||150, Calories from fat 20|
|Total Fat||2.5g (4% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||0.5g (3% DV)|
|Cholesterol||0mg (0% DV)|
|Sodium||45g (2% DV)|
|Total Carbohydrate||30g (10% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||4g (16% DV)|
|Vitamin A Percent||(20% DV)|
|Vitamin C Percent||(40% DV)|
|Calcium Percent||(10% DV)|
|Iron Percent||(30% DV)|
Oatmeal Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CPTAMP from Amaranth isn't needed! I made this with 1/2 cup of Old-Fashioned Oats and no amaranth (and 1tsp of ground cinnamon instead of a stick), and it turned out great. I suspect you could substitute any fruit you have on hand.
Date published: 2017-10-22
Rated 3 out of 5 by tamiozzi from Breakfast to go! I wasn't sure what amaranth was, but found I could substitute quinoa for it. I assumed it needed to be cooked quinoa, but left the oatmeal raw. The overall flavor was okay, but I think it would make a great breakfast to go.
Date published: 2017-07-19