Salmon "Lollipops" with Mint Pea Dip
Make these "lolly pops" for a light dinner or your next party!
- 400 g (1 pound) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cut each salmon fillet in half lengthwise into 8 long pieces, or into skewer-able pieces (approx 2-inch cubes).
- Make a quick marinade by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice and honey in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add salmon to the marinade and leave while you make the dip.
Mint Pea Dip
- 200 g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 mint candies
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Blanch the peas in a pan of salted, boiling water for 1 minute, then plunge into an ice bath to retain the bright green color.
- Drain, then put into the Vitamix container with the garlic, mint plus the zest and juice of the lemon.
- Select the lowest setting and start the machine. Slowly pour the oil through the lid plug hole.
- Once the mixture is loose enough to form a dip, replace the lid plug and slowly increase the speed to its highest setting until you have a lovely, smooth, bright green dip (about 30 - 40 seconds). Transfer to a bowl.
- Carefully skewer the salmon portions and place onto a foil-lined tray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place a griddle pan over high heat and, once it's smoking, add the salmon lollipops. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side then remove to a clean plate.
- Serve hot or cold with the mint pea dip.
You will need 8 wooden skewers for this recipe.
|Amount Per Servings|