Delicious and aromatic, this classic soup is comforting enough for family yet elegant enough for company. Use sundried tomatoes for a more intense tomato flavor.
- 480 ml (2 cups) water
- 1 420g can (1 14½-ounce can ) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ 120g can (½ 5-ounce can) garbanzo beans, drained, (optional)
- Place water, peeled tomatoes, Roma tomato, garlic, bouillon cube, salt, pepper, and basil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Hot Soups program (if available).
- Start the machine, slowly increase to the highest speed, and blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Hot Soups program to complete. Stop the machine.
- Select Variable 1. Start the machine and remove the lid plug. Add garbanzo beans to the container and blend for 15 seconds.
Bright IdeaFor a thinner soup, add another cup of water.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|