Almond Leek Soup
Blending the subtle, sweet flavors of almonds, leeks and celery, this soup makes a delightful first course.
- 170 g (1 cup) almonds, blanched
- 1.4 l (6 cups) vegetable stock
- 230 g (2 cups) celery, diced
- 160 g (1 other) leek, white parts only, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Simmer almonds in broth until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Sauté leeks and celery until soft.
- Add sautéed vegetables to almonds and broth. Simmer until soft, about 15 minutes and let cool for 10-15 minutes or until temperature is 120˚F (65˚C).
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place soup back into a pan and heat on stove for about 10 minutes or just until it begins to simmer. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||240 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Almond Leek Soup is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Very good base I added nutritional flakes and then some tomato sauce (because I was eating it with leftover pasta). I live the texture and how versatile it is. Really mild blend of the flavors.
Date published: 2020-05-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by ultra468 from Tastes G-R-E-A-T!!!!!! I made this soup exactly as written. While making it, I truly had my doubts about how good it was going to be. To my surprise, of all the soups that I have tried from Vitamix, THIS ONE IS THE BEST. Delicious creamy taste...Try it, you will like it.
Date published: 2016-11-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by RoseM from Rich and Creamy I made this soup today not knowing how it would turn out. It's as creamy as if it had a dairy base with an excellent flavor from the celery and leeks.
Date published: 2016-10-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by JSub from It is sooo good! This soup is so good! I didn't have any vegetable bouillon, so I used "Better Than Bouillon - No Chicken Base" instead. It was so good! Next time, I think that I will leave some of the solid pieces out of the Vitamix and then add them in at the end on very low speed to chop them up, to give the soup a chunkier consistency.
Date published: 2017-10-27