Autumn Toasted Pita and Kale Salad
A healthy, wholesome lunch or dinner, perfect for an autumn day.
- 90 ml (6 Tablespoons) olive oil
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) pomegranate molasses
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) honey, (optional)
- 60 ml (4 Tablespoons) lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- 680 g (1 pound, 8 ounces) sweet potato, peeled, diced cut into chunks
- 60 ml (4 Tablespoons) olive oil
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 whole wheat pitas, both sides separated and cut into bite sized pieces
- 455 g (1 pound) kale leaves
- 200 g (2 cups) fresh parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1 red onion, peeled, diced
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sweet potato cubes on the sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and a little salt. Roast at 400°F (200°C) for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to evenly brown the sweet potatoes.
- Toss the pita bread with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and bake in oven alongside sweet potatoes until golden brown.
- Wash, dry and tear the kale into bite sized pieces and place in mixing bowl. Add parsley and onion. Pour dressing over top and mix to combine. Add the sweet potatoes and pita and toss together with tongs.
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Amount Per Servings|