Avocado Bean Soup with Fresh Herb Relish
The Fresh Herb Relish of this flavorful chilled soup also makes a wonderful accompaniment to lamb chops or crostini.
Avocado Bean Soup
- 480 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
- 185 g (1 cup) navy beans, cooked, drained
- 120 ml (½ cup) plain yoghurt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, quartered
- Place all Soup ingredients into the Vitamix 40-ounce container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 6.
- Blend for 40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Fresh Herb Relish
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon onion, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 50 g (⅓ cup) Feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine the cilantro, zest, onion, and olive oil in a small bowl. Serve soup chilled or at room temperature, garnished with a Tablespoon of Relish and topped with feta.
|Serving Size||240 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|
Avocado Bean Soup with Fresh Herb Relish is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Alixa from Delicious and uses leftovers! Loved the flavors and that it can be served cold or hot. Also love that it's a dish I can make with excess ingredients that otherwise would have gone to waste: 2 small avocados, creme fraiche (substituted for yogurt), and leftover chicken stock (used Kirkland organic brand). I used Tapatio hot sauce. It was so good I didn't even make the relish. I'm always trying to get more avocados and beans in my diet so this is a perfect way to do that!
Date published: 2018-10-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by SFskies from Classic Southwestern / Mexican Flavors This is guacamole on a bean quesadilla, but without the fried tortilla. The cook who originated it must have tested it to get the proportions just right. It's best with the relish. The relish is tolerant enough that you can still leave out an ingredient or two.
Date published: 2017-02-05
Rated 4 out of 5 by theortizfamily from question? Could we use Greek Yogurt instead? we tried it with Greek yogurt and it tasted awful. But we don't know if the yogurt was bad or we just shouldn't have put that in. Thanks!
Date published: 2019-12-20