A simple pantry recipe, this dressing can be thrown together at the last minute for dinner in a pinch.
- 120 ml (½ cup) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt, optional
- 360 ml (1½ cup) olive oil
- Place vinegar, mustard, pepper, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5. Remove lid plug and drizzle olive oil in a slow stream through the lid plug opening.
- Replace lid plug and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for an additional 10 seconds.
Refrigerate in airtight container.
|Serving Size||30 (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Basic Vinaigrette is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Yogirider from Just OK I made this basic vinaigrette but added one clove of garlic. It's better than bottled but just needs something else? Maybe some honey or sugar?
Date published: 2017-02-12
Rated 3 out of 5 by Chefvinny Instagram from Constructive criticism The dressing in the picture looks like it broke. It doesn’t show a full volume vinaigrette. The slow drizzle should work to emulsify the dressing. Giving it a lovely texture. Also you could suggest using a funnel into the top so that oil doesn’t spatter out .. :)
Date published: 2019-11-16