Carrot Miso Soup with Wasabi Peas
An Asian-inspired soup with jasmine rice, kombu and white miso paste.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil, optional
- 95 g (1 cup) leek, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 600 g (5 cups) carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- 35 g (3 Tablespoons) jasmine rice
- 1 10 cm (4-inch) piece of kombu, 4x4 inch (10x10cm)
- 40 g (2 Tablespoons) white miso paste
- 1.2 l (5 cups) water
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar, optional
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt, optional
- 40 g (⅓ cup) wasabi peas, lightly crushed, for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and cook leeks until soft, stirring occasionally, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Deglaze with rice wine.
- Add carrots, rice, kombu, miso, and water. Heat to a simmer, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Remove kombu and stir in agave. Let cool off the heat for 20 minutes, then carefully transfer mixture into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until mixture is smooth. Portion into bowls and garnish with wasabi peas.
|Serving Size||412 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|