Date Oatmeal Cookies
A combination of flavour and texture makes these cookies the perfect addition to your morning coffee.
- 115 g (½ cup) plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 210 g (1 cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 240 g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt
- 160 g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 220 g (1½ cup) dates, pitted, chopped
- 85 g (¾ cup) chopped nuts
- Heat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place yoghurt, butter, brown sugar, large eggs, milk, and vanilla into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, and oats.
- Stir together the liquid from the Vitamix container into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Add the dates and nuts and stir. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the dough into balls (#20 scoop) and place 7.5-cm (3-inches) apart on a greased baking tray. Flatten to 0.6-cm (1/4-inch) thickness with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
Date Oatmeal Cookies is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jomartin from Very good My first recipe with my new Vitamix. Try it. It’s a new kind of biscuits.
Date published: 2019-01-08