Kale and Leek Soup
This boldly flavoured soup offers tremendous texture, since half the recipe is blended in your Vitamix, while the other half simmers on the stove.
- 180 g (2 ) leeks, sliced, washed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, optional
- 100 g (6 cups) kale, stemmed, chopped
- 960 ml (4 cups) vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté leek in olive oil until soft. Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Add stock and cook for 30 minutes on low heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes or until temperature reaches 65°C (120°F).
- Place soup into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into pot and heat for 10 minutes, or just until it begins to simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If desired, remove 1 cup of kale/leek mixture before adding broth, and place in bowls before pouring soup to add texture.
|Serving Size||422 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|