Peanut Blossom Cookies
The perfect peanut butter cookie, dusted with sugar and sealed with a kiss.
- 150 g (1¼ cup) whole wheat flour
- 60 g (½ cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 130 g (½ cup) peanut butter
- 65 g (⅓ cup) caster sugar
- 120 g (½ cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 55 g (¼ cup) butter spread
- 55 g (¼ cup) butter, softened
- 50 g (¼ cup) caster sugar, for dusting
- 22 chocolate candy kisses
- Heat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a bowl, stir together the flours, bicarbonate of soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Place eggs, vanilla, peanut butter, sugars, butter spread, and butter into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 40 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well to incorporate.
- Using a 4 cm (1½-inch) thick scoop, shape dough into round balls. Roll the balls into 50g (¼ cup) of sugar, and place 5 cm (2 inches) apart onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until very light golden brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove to cooling racks.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Peanut Blossom Cookies is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tims613 from Nice texture and very tasty This was the first dessert recipe I made in my new Vitamix 7500. Cleanup (even with peanut butter) was very easy, and the cookies rose beautifully. With the wheat / white flour mixture, the texture was a bit denser and the nutty flavor lent itself well to the peanut butter. Very happy with both results and equipment!!
Date published: 2017-04-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by dano17 from Great Fluffy Cookies! I love making cookies in the Vitamix because it makes these cokies so fluffy and delicious!
Date published: 2015-12-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by helenAp from we really liked them This is the best recipe for peanut cookies I have ever tested. Me and my daughter made them and they turned out just perfect
Date published: 2020-07-05