Spinach and Artichoke Fondue
With a three-cheese blend, spinach, and artichokes, this creamy fondue is a fun twist on your favourite restaurant-style dip.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 artichoke hearts, drained, diced
- 85 g (3 ounces) frozen spinach, (drained)
- 180 ml (¾ cup) thickened cream
- 180 ml (¾ cup) water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 85 g (3 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 115 g (1 cup) Feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat butter in sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, artichokes, and spinach. Sauté for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place cream, water, lemon juice, cornstarch, pepper, and cheeses into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, and increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 4 minutes until mixture is smooth and has reached a temperature of 140°F (60°C).
- Place spinach and artichoke mixture into the container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1, start the machine and increase to Variable 3. Blend for 10 seconds or until spinach artichoke mixture is chopped.
- Pour into fondue pot and hold warm.
For dippers, try cubed country French bread, mushroom caps, steamed or grilled asparagus spears, steamed or grilled broccoli, and cauliflower. Instead of lemon juice, replace with equally with your favorite white wine
|Serving Size||24 servings|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|