This strawberry purée can be used as a sauce or topping for a multitude of desserts, from strawberry cake to cheesecake, or even layered custard.
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 455 g (1 pound) strawberries
- 75 g (6 Tablespoons) caster sugar
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Strawberry Purée is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by LGFess from Great Strawberry Puree I did not add sugar and the result was perfect for us. Just what we wanted - finally something lightly sweet and not overpowering! Love the citrus addition.
Date published: 2016-09-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bronty from Lovely strawberry sauce Made a batch this evening. Lovely sauce and consistency. The balance of taste is not too sweet or tart and the whizz for a minute at the end makes a nice thick sauce. Will use with plain yogurt or with ice cream.
Date published: 2017-10-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by knugs from Simple and Delicous Quick and easy sauce to give dessert a little extra something.
Date published: 2016-10-08