Thin Crust Pizza Dough
Make the perfect pizza by starting out with this homemade dough mixed right in your Vitamix.
- 375 g (3 cups) plain flour
- 1¾ teaspoon fast-action dried yeast
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 240 ml (1 cup) hot water
- 3¾ teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place flour, yeast and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10. Blend for 5 seconds. Turn machine off and remove lid plug.
- Select Variable 6.
- Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse about 30 short times in 25 seconds while slowly adding oil and water through the lid plug opening. Remove lid and use a spatula to scrape the dough off the sides.
- Secure the lid and continue pulsing another 30 times until a ball forms.
- After ball has formed, Pulse continuously for 10 to 15 seconds
- With floured hands, remove dough and form into a round ball. Place in a greased bowl, tuning over to grease all around. Let rise 10 minutes for a thin crust. Divide dough in two and stretch each ball into a 30 cm (12-inch) pizza crust and top as desired. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
|Serving Size||1 slice pizza|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Thin Crust Pizza Dough is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by JoanB from Nice Dough I am not a beginner baker, but one of my missions after cooking/baking for many years is to streamline prep work and make it easier for a couple of aging empty nesters! This pizza made the perfect dough for two and one will reside in the fridge for later on. Often times dough becomes more flavorful after a "restful" time for flavors to meld. I will be making this again often. I also shredded some herbs and added them to the dough for an herbal twist. Love that Vitamix!
Date published: 2016-08-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by Melissa123 from Great basic pizza dough My 7 year old son and I made 2 pizzas using this recipe and it was great. It was VERY easy to make and it had great flavor. My son enjoyed watching the dough ball form in the blender as he pulsed it. (I suggest dusting the pizza pan/stone with corn meal under the pizza before putting it in the oven.) Thank you for another great recipe!
Date published: 2016-04-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rcart from Best homemade dough and so easy! We make pizza almost every weekend. I've also made it for family and they love it. We add oregano and use 1/4 whole wheat flour and 3/4 all purpose. We let it sit out a few hours and can usually make 3 pizzas out of this receipe.
Date published: 2017-09-02
Rated 1 out of 5 by Deee from Failure for me This recipe did not work for me. The ball never formed and the machine eventually overheated and turned off. Oh well! Dumped everything in the bread machine so all will not be lost.
Date published: 2018-03-30
Rated 1 out of 5 by Chuck 94583 from Found crust to be dry I was so hoping this would work. So much easier than the 90 minutes in a bread machine. But the crust turned out very dry and not so tasty. Maybe will try another recipe.
Date published: 2017-08-22