Made with stewed tomatillos, scallions, and jalapeño, this authentic, Mexican salsa verde has fabulous flavour. Use it to top chicken enchiladas, or serve it with tortilla crisps.
- 8 tomatillos, peeled, stewed
- 2 spring onions, cut into pieces
- ¼ jalapeño
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 20 g (½ cup) fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 15 seconds or just until chopped. If necessary, use tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing.
- Do not over mix. Serve as a dip or as an accompaniment.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|