This versatile sauce can be served over pasta or as a dip with crudites. Explore variations on the recipe by substituting different greens, such as basil, carrot tops, spinach, etc.
- 180 ml (⅔ cup) olive oil, extra virgin
- 60 g (3 cups) rocket
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 40 g (2 cups) baby spinach
- 85 g (⅔ cup) pine nuts, toasted
- 110 g (1 cup) grated Parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place 150ml (⅔ cup) olive oil, arugula, garlic, spinach, pine nuts, cheese, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 6.
- Pulse 10 times, using the tamper to press the ingredients toward the blades.
- Select Variable 1 and start the machine.
- Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil through the lid plug opening and blend for 10 seconds.
Using lower speed will allow for you to gain the exact texture you are looking for. If avoiding oils use a mixture of water and lemon juice to create this unique sauce.
|Serving Size||29 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|