Black Bean, Corn and Coriander Salad
A bright mix of black beans, corn, tomatoes and coriander, this refreshing salad is dressed with a blend of oil and vinegar, garlic, and a touch of honey.
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) sherry vinegar
- 180 ml (¾ cup) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon honey, (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place vinegar, olive oil, garlic and honey into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 850 g (29 ounces) canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 ears corn, roasted, cut off the cob
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 20 g (½ cup) fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Place black beans, corn, tomatoes, and coriander in a bowl, Drizzle blended vinaigrette over vegetables and toss to combine.
When using garlic, onions, or other aromatic ingredients, start with small quanitities and adjust to taste as the blending process will intensify these flavours.
|Serving Size||55 g (2 ounces)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|