Gluten-Free Sage Cornbread
Fresh sage accents the flavour in this gluten-free cornbread.
- 120 g (1 cup) cornmeal
- 80 g (¾ cup) brown rice flour
- 40 g (¼ cup) potato starch
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp (1 Tablespoon) fresh sage, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 240 ml (1 cup) low fat buttermilk
- 60 ml (¼ cup) honey
- Heat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Coat a 23 cm x 13 cm (9-inch x 5-inch) loaf tin with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the cornmeal, rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, and fresh sage. Set aside.
- Place large egg, buttermilk, and honey into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir together. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread batter into prepared tin and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until crisp and brown on top and sides. Cool 15 minutes before slicing.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|