A budget-friendly blend of kale and spinach create this vibrant pesto and a delicious serving of leafy greens.
- 270 g (4 cups) kale, chopped
- 120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 60 g (¼ cup) roasted red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 15 g (½ cup) spinach
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, blanch 270g (4 cups) of kale for 4 minutes.
- Shock in a bowl filled with ice and water; strain. Once water has drained away, press out as much water as possible, leaving 35g (1/2 cup) of blanched kale.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 7.
- Using the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 15-20 times, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Serve over pasta, or with bruschetta and flatbread as a dip.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|