Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
This rich cheesecake with a lemon ricotta filling makes for an irresistible, crowd-pleasing dessert.
- 225 g (8 ounces) oat biscuits
- 57 g (¼ cup) unsalted butter, or plant-based margarine
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or other sweetener, to taste
- Heat oven to 180°C (350°F) and lightly grease a 23-cm (9-inch) spring form cake tin.
- Place the oat biscuits into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3.
- Blend for 15 seconds, using the tamper as necessary to push the ingredients into the blades, until crumbs form.
- Stop machine and remove lid.
- Add the melted butter and honey, secure lid.
- Select Variable 3 and pulse 3 times. Remove the lid, scrape the sides of the container and around the blades, return the lid, and pulse an additional 3-6 times until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon the biscuit mixture into the tin and press evenly into the base; wash Vitamix container.
Lemon Ricotta Filling
- 500 g (18 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 lemon, zested, juiced
- 80 g (¾ cup) caster sugar
- 3 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- To make the filling, place the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, egg yolks and cornstarch into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 10 seconds or until well mixed.
- Pour filling into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes, just until firm and cheesecake doesn't jiggle when shaken very lightly. Remove from heat immediately and allow to cool on a wire rack until room temperature before cutting or chilling.
To serve, cut the cheesecake into slices and garnish with a drizzle of Mixed Berry Coulis (see recipe) and additional fresh berries.
|Serving Size||82 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|