With rich mushroom flavour, this risotto pairs well as a side to a roast.
- 200 g (1¼ cup) onion, peeled, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 450 g (1 pound) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1.2 l (5 cups) vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 120 ml (½ cup) white wine
- 300 g (1½ cup) Arborio rice
- 60 g (½ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Place onions and garlic into the Vitamix container. Add water to float ingredients above the blades.
- Select Variable 5. Turn machine on and off to pulse 8 to 10 times.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over high heat sauté the mushrooms until tender.
- Remove from heat and reserve ¼ of mushrooms for finishing risotto.
- Place 480 ml (2 cups) of the vegetable stock, mushrooms and thyme into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to highest speed. Blend for 40 seconds.
- In a large sauce pan over high heat, add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent. Deglaze with white wine.
- Add Arborio and mushroom mixture. Cook over medium high heat adding broth every 3-5 minutes or when mixture becomes dry stirring constantly until rice is al dente.
- Finish with parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with mushrooms and parsley.
For a twist on the classic, you can substitute pearl barley for the Arborio rice.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Mushroom Risotto is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by tvthrawn from Great recipe! Best risotto ever! Only the quantity of the recipe is on the stingy side..you never can feed 8 people 300 gr rice!
Date published: 2017-05-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vitamixer TJ from Fabulously delicious Even cutting out half the steps for ease/time constraints, this was absolutely delicious. You can pretty easily tweak it to become a soup, too.
Date published: 2018-05-03
Rated 1 out of 5 by Laura909 from Sludgey and fairly bland Just eh. Not worth the effort. All of my old recipes for risotto are far better.
Date published: 2017-11-20