This naan dough can be used on its own to dip into hummus or baba ganoush, but is wonderful when adorned with your favorite pizza toppings and baked!
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 330 g (2¼ cup) plain flour
- 5 g (¼ ounce) instant yeast
- 120 ml (½ cup) warm water
- 120 ml (½ cup) plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) pizza sauce
- 5 g (¼ cup) fresh basil leaves
- 115 g (4 ounces) mild Italian sausage
- 120 g (1 cup) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Place sugar, flour, and yeast into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 6 and Pulse 6 times.
- Remove the lid plug and continue Pulsing, while slowly pouring the warm water and yogurt through the lid plug opening. Pulse 10 to 12 more times, or until ingredients are combined.
- Continue Pulsing about 8 to 10 more times, until the dough forms a ball and lifts off the blades.
- Lightly coat a mixing bowl with olive oil and transfer dough to the bowl. Cover with a damp towel. Let the dough proof in the warmest part of your kitchen for at least 30 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove the dough to a lightly floured work surface and portion into 4 equal pieces.
- Preheat your grill to 230°C (450°F), or a cast iron pan to its smoke point. Also preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Roll out each dough ball into a round pizza crust, until it’s ⅓ cm (⅛ inch) thick.
- Brush dough with melted butter, and place on the grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the dough begins to bubble and char. Brush other side with butter and flip.
- Once both sides are cooked, pull the naan from the grill and top with sauce, basil, sausage, and cheese (or your desired toppings). Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
|Serving Size||½ small pizza (½ small pizza)|
|Amount Per Servings|