Orange Nut Oatmeal Cookies
Fresh orange flavour and the warm spice of clove make these oatmeal cookies perfect for Christmas exchanges. Add 120g (½ cup) chocolate chips or raisins to personalise the recipe.
- 150 g (1½ cup) plain flour
- 390 g (2½ cup) rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt, optional
- 1 Large orange, peeled, halved
- 1 large egg
- 120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 210 g (1 cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 60 g (½ cup) walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 190˚C (375˚F). Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place flour, oats, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- Place orange, egg, oil, molasses, vanilla and brown sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds or until well blended.
- Fold the mixture into the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl until evenly distributed.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Stir 120g (½ cup) chocolate chips or raisins into finished batter.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|