Pineapple Prawn Curry
Pineapple perfectly balances the heat of this curry. Add any of your favorite vegetables to make it your own.
- 360 ml (1½ cups) coconut milk
- 3 g (1 piece) fresh ginger root, 1/4" slice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 330 g (2 cups) peeled pineapple, peeled, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g (7 ounces) shrimp, shelled
- 200 g (1½ cup) green peas
- 65 g (⅔ cup) spring onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp. water
- 300 g (1½ cup) basmati rice, cooked
- Place coconut milk, ginger, garlic, pineapple, garam masala, and curry powder into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Puree setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 45 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Puree program to complete.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat and add the prawns. Cook prawns three-quarters of the way through, and add the peas, spring onions, and blended sauce mixture. Bring to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with water and stir into the sauce.
- Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over basmati rice.
The spices in this recipe can be adjusted to suit your taste; simply add in increments, tasting between and adding more until the taste suits you. The flavors will be more pronounced after simmering, but should not be overly spicy unless using a hot curry powder instead of regular.
|Serving Size||428 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|