Classic Korean banchan typically served with every meal.
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 3 Tablespoons sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 kg (5 pounds) radishes, ends trimmed and quartered
- 175 g (6 ounces) fresh chives
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fish sauce
- 1 onion, peeled, halved
- 3 red chillies
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10 g (1 piece) fresh ginger root, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons salted shrimp sauce
- 2 Tablespoons white rice, steamed, cooled
- 4 Tablespoons red pepper powder
- Combine the water, fine sea salt and plum sauce in a small bowl and stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Place the cleaned and trimmed radish into a large bowl with the cut chives. Pour the water,salt and plum mixture over the radish and chives and toss to incorporate. Set aside.
- Place the fish sauce, onion, red chilies, garlic, ginger, shrimp sauce and cooled cooked riceinto the Vitamix® container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Start the machine and slowly increase to its highest possible speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds until a fine paste has formed.
- Remove the container from the blending base and lid and stir in the red pepper powder to incorporate.
- Once the red pepper powder has been incorporated, pour the mixture over the radish and chive mixture in the large bowl.
- Toss to incorporate evenly. Once incorporated, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
|Serving Size||120 ml (½ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|