Originating in Switzerland in the 18th century, fondue was a creative way for remote villagers to improve the taste of their aged breads and cheeses through the long winter months. Though we now have the luxury of the freshest ingredients, fondue still brings people together for a warm, communal meal. Kids love dipping sauces and eating with their fingers, so fondue night is a fun meal with easy family recipes that everyone will ask for again and again.
From Cheese to Chocolate Fondues, try these recipes in your Vitamix blender:
- Spinach and Artichoke Fondue: Try it restaurant-style with tortilla chips or warm pita bread.
- Chipotle Cheese Fondue: Dip fajita ingredients without the wrap—delicious with grilled chicken or steak, bell peppers, and other steamed vegetables.
- Brie, Roquefort and Wild Mushroom Fondue: Mushrooms give this dish an amazing umami flavor.
- Peanut Butter Cup Fondue: What wouldn’t taste good with this? Let’s start with pretzel rods, marshmallows, fruit slices, and graham crackers. You can take it from there.
- Cheese and Whiskey Fondue: A fun and festive starter for any dinner party, this cheesy fondue is served with soft bread cubes or toasted baguette slices.
- Chocolate Espresso Fondue: The perfect "please-a-crowd-in-a-hurry" dessert, combining the rich flavors of chocolate and espresso. Suggested dippers: sponge or pound cake, pretzel sticks, marshmallows, or your favorite fruits.
- Chocolate Orange Fondue: Orange zest simmered in heavy cream gives this fondue a hint of fresh citrus flavor. Serve with marshmallows or sliced fruit dippers.
- White Chocolate "Cheesecake" Fondue: A fun way to enjoy all the flavor of cheesecake without the prep time. Serve with graham crackers or your favorite fruit dippers.
- Traditional Cheese Fondue: A fondue favorite with dry white wine, Gruyere and Emmental cheeses, this flavorful fondue can be served with French bread, mushroom caps, asparagus spears or a selection of other veggies.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Fondue: The rich sweetness of fresh raspberries combines with dark chocolate for a truly decadent dessert.