Bring the Caribbean to your own backyard barbecue with healthy, homemade smoothies brimming with the flavors of the tropics.
Mangoes, pineapple, and bananas abound in your local supermarket, so it’s easy to keep them on-hand to whip up these delicious smoothies at home. Follow the recipes as they are, or change them up with the addition of coconut or papaya. Then add a mini paper umbrella for color, take a long, cool sip of your drink, and embark on a flavor cruise of the islands. Enjoy, mon!
Try these 10 refreshing fruit smoothie recipes perfect summer
- Mango Delight Smoothie - Orange, banana, mango: a tropical trio sings a sweet island song.
- Tropical Cooler - Lite tofu brings a special creaminess to pineapple, orange and banana.
- Tropical Escape Smoothie - Sweet, juicy pineapple leads a conga line of fruits in this tropical extravaganza.
- Summer Splash Smoothie - Honeydew and cantaloupe join the fruit party for a tropical taste pleaser.
- Cucumber Melon Smoothie - This refreshing smoothie showcases the popular combination of cucumber and melon.
- Strawberry Grape Smoothie - Red and green grapes blend with frozen strawberries to create this lovely pink smoothie with fresh fruit flavor.
- Citrus Smoothie - Frozen mango chunks round out the citrus notes of fresh pineapple, orange, and lemon in this smoothie fit for paradise.
- Sunset Smoothie - A unique medley of flavors gives this smoothie its nutritional value.
- Mango Smoothie - Mango, orange and vanilla yogurt make this smoothie sweet and creamy with a light citrus note.
- Fruit Salad Smoothie - Baby carrots and cucumber balance the more intense sweetness of grapes, orange, pineapple, and apple--for a liquid take on a fruit & veggie salad.