Although the holidays can be an excuse to indulge, you can also keep it healthy by replacing a few of your traditional dishes with these delicious but lower-fat substitutions.
Healthy Recipe Substitutions for the Holidays
- Cranberry Relish Sauce is full of crunchy apples, cranberries, and optional nuts. And unlike the canned varieties, it’s low in sugar.
- Dairy-free Carrot Ginger Tofu Soup gives you rich, creamy flavor and texture without the fat, while garlic and ginger seasonings bring everyone to the table.
- Don’t want to give up the cheese sauce on your vegetables? Give Not-So Cheese Sauce a try. Its almond base is thick and velvety, dripping over broccoli and cauliflower like garland.
- A still beautiful, but more flavorful vegetable dish, Butternut Squash Casserole is fragrant with coconut and ginger, and you will never miss the sweet potatoes and marshmallows.
- For a little indulgence, complete your meal with a slice of smoothe Low Fat Pumpkin Pie.
Whether you decide to make one substitution or several, these Vitamix recipes can help you enjoy the rich flavors you remember, while helping you ring in a healthy New Year.