Regardless of your cultural roots, Cinco de Mayo is a perfect excuse to throw a party that features south-of-the-border cuisine. A Vitamix machine allows you to prepare some dishes ahead of time, leaving more time to enjoy guests.
An extra Vitamix container comes in handy for any party where you’ll want to serve frozen drinks. Just mix up the beverages ahead of time without the ice and store in the fridge. When the hour has arrived, blend your concoctions with ice, and serve them at their frosty best.
For a splash of authenticity, accent your table with a colorful Mexican blanket and a glazed ceramic vase of bright flowers.
Try these Cinco de May recipes made in your Vitamix machine:
- Salsa Mexicano - No Cinco de Mayo party is complete without fresh salsa.
- Guacamole - Gorgeous guacamole with just the right texture, this recipe comes together in minutes.
- Tortilla Soup - Delicious and nutritious soup you can make ahead.
- Enchilada Sauce - Impress your guests with this easy-to-make sauce.
- Black Bean and Jalapeño Sauce - Dial up the heat as desired with chopped jalapeño pepper.
- Piña Colada - A tropical escape in a glass.
- Whole Fruit Margarita - No margarita mix here. This homemade cocktail has cantina-quality flavor.