Certified clinical nutritionist Kimberly Snyder believes that “a healthy body is a beautiful body.” Her search for an eating plan that would support vibrant health took her on a three-year journey around the world. After subsequent years of study, her website, kimberlysnyder.net, began to attract wide attention. Now a sought-after consultant to celebrities, Snyder has published a book detailing her eating principles that Dr. Mehmet Oz, co-author of the YOU book series, calls “a must-read.”
“We don’t have to starve or deprive ourselves, and we can eat abundantly,” says Snyder. At the core of her plan is a diet rich in plant-based foods that is easily sustainable for daily living. The only piece of kitchen equipment needed for Snyder’s approach is one that’s powerful enough to blend raw foods into delicious recipes that break down whole foods for optimal nutrition and flavor. Snyder’s number-one recommended investment for peak health and beauty? The Vitamix.
Here is Kimberly Snyder’s number-one recipe made in her Vitamix machine.
- Glowing Green Smoothie: The cornerstone of Kimberly Snyder’s health and beauty plan, the Glowing Green Smoothie is perfect for the Vitamix, which she recommends because of its ability to create an absolute smooth texture. As an optional cleansing boost, add fresh cilantro and parsley—no need to trim off the stems. Bonus: The Glowing Green Smoothie keeps in the refrigerator for two days and also freezes well. The following recipes can be found in Kimberly Snyder's book, The Beauty Detox Solution, available now in our online store.
- Homemade Almond or Hazelnut Milk: Snyder believes that the small effort required to make your own fresh, completely raw and live, preservative-free nut milks is well worth the payoff in flavor and nutritional benefits. Enjoy as-is or blended into smoothies.
- Chia Seed Delight: Use almond milk or hazelnut milk to make this easy, filling dessert. Chia seeds pack a nutritional punch, help prevent blood sugar spikes, and because they can absorb 10 times their weight in water, help keep the body hydrated.
- Raw Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: Snyder notes in her book, “This is where the Vitamix is really helpful, as you can make this soup and clean up in less than five minutes!” This is a delicious, light but filling soup that takes advantage of seasonal fresh bounty.
- Sweet Basil-Lime Dressing: Delicious on mixed greens or arugula, the combined flavors of basil and lime will light up any salad. An ideal use for the herb gardener’s bumper crop of basil.
Learn more about Snyder’s approach to healthy beauty at www.kimberlysnyder.net/blog.