A simple side dish or starch to add to your dinner plate that feels restaurant-worthy.
- 3 cups (720 ml) half & half
- 3 large eggs, or egg substitute
- 1 cup (120 ml) water
- ½ cup (50 g) Asiago cheese, shredded
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (240 g) cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place half & half, eggs, water, cheese, garlic, and seasonings into the Vitamix 40 oz. container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and blend for 2 minutes. Remove lid plug.
- Slowly add the cornmeal to the container through the lid plug opening. Blend an additional 60 seconds, until all cornmeal is incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x9-inch (23 cm x 23 cm) baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes. (Note: the cornmeal will settle to the bottom unless you get the pan in the oven right away to start cooking.)
- Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||5 ounces (160 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Baked Polenta is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SheilaH from Froze half for later It is difficult cooking for two at times, but this is fast to prepare and so good! Goes with so many dishes! Favorite was with the very quick chorizo and clam stew. Brown 3/4 lb chorizo into crispy bits, remove from pan, add 1/2 cup diced white onion till translucent, add one diced tomato cook till semi soft, add 1 lb pkg frozen clams in shell, cover and steam 5 minutes.
Date published: 2019-09-26