Beet, Apple and Ginger Smoothie
A smoothie consisting of beet, carrot, apple, ginger, and lemon juice, blended to perfection.
- 1 beet, quartered, steamed
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1 apple, seeded, cored, quartered
- 1 inch (3 cm) fresh ginger root
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (130 g) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute, or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
Beet, Apple and Ginger Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by MazzyBird from Healthy, almost raw, vegan smoothie. Seeing that I had all three main ingredients on hand I decided to try this recipe. I did alter it though. I added silken tofu for a thickener and for a protein component. I also added 2 handfuls of beet greens and 4 clementines. I probably added 1 1/2 the amount of ginger, too. I love ginger. Oh, and I didn't bother to steam the beets, just cut them into 1/4s and put them in. It's a beautiful red color. My smoothies are various shades of green, so it was a pleasant surprise. This smoothies is delicious. I'm glad I made a full blender worth.
Date published: 2017-11-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by torched from I love this smoothie It's delicious. The second time I made it I added some briefly soaked chia seed for more nutrition, and didn't notice any difference. This one will be in my smoothie rotation.
Date published: 2018-02-23