Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup
The distinct flavors of butternut squash and coconut are enhanced when creating this hot, decadent soup in your Vitamix machine.
- 4 cups (1.3 kg) butternut squash, uncooked, halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 chives
- ¾ inch (2 cm) green chili pepper
- 1 carrot, halved
- ¾ cup (150 ml) coconut milk
- 2½ cup (600 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pinch saffron
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Brush the squash with olive oil and place it face down on a tin foil or parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Scoop out the squash flesh and put it into the Vitamix container along with the remaining ingredients and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bookworm63 from Love it! I used chilli powder instead of fresh chilli pepper as it was the only ingredient I didn't have at home. Fantastic result, the coconut really enhanced the flavour. This one will definitely be made again!
Date published: 2017-09-18
Rated 1 out of 5 by mac1 from Not so much.... So, tried this recipe with our vitamix, and the flavor is really odd. I'm not sure if it's the saffron or the coconut milk, but both myself and my husband couldn't eat it. After the initial failure, I tried adding some more spices etc to make it more palatable, and it's still not anything close to something I'd like to eat. On a side note, my 4 yo loved it....
Date published: 2017-10-09