Utilizing the food processor makes for the easiest homemade hash browns ever.
- 5 (675 g) small russet potatoes, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil, split use
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, optional, split use
- Fit the Food Processor Work Bowl with the Large Shredding Disc and secure the lid. Place one potato at a time in the Large Food Chute and secure the Food Pusher. Press start and feed the potatoes through the Large Food Chute. Once potatoes are shredded, stop the machine and remove the lid and shredding disc. Squeeze out excess water from shredded potatoes.
- Heat a large 12 or 14 inch non-stick pan over medium low heat. Add half the olive oil and heat just until shimmering. Add potatoes to the pan and spread evenly over top of the oil, sprinkling with half the amount of salt.
- Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on the underside. Carefully flip and add remaining oil around the outer edge of the potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining salt and cook an additional 4-5 minutes on the alternate side. Remove and serve immediately.
Use olive oil instead of butter for a crispy, golden texture without the saturated fat. These can also be made into small potato pancakes.
|Serving Size||1 servings (111 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|